Pageant evening gowns can make any girl feel like a queen, but finding the right gown can be tricky. Finding a gown that is a representation of who you are is a key to impressing the judging panel, and these 10 Teens nailed it this year!
Teens have the added difficulty of finding a dress that has a "wow" factor that the judges are looking for while maintaining a younger, more age-appropriate image. Striking this balance could make or break your evening gown score as a Teen contestant. Without further adieu, let's see the Teens that mastered this balance and impressed everyone with their style and grace this year!
10. Miss Teen Aruba International 2017, Kiara Arends Miss Teen Aruba International 2017 Kiara Arends' evening is one of the most, if not THE most, unique evening gowns we saw in 2017. From a shoulder puff to a ruffled train to crystals to a see-through skirt, this dress has it ALL! There is no way she did not turn heads and draw attention in this show-stopping dress. This dress just screams glamour from head to toe, and we're totally here for the daring choice!
Miss Teen Aruba International 2017, Kiara Arends. Photo: ZoomAruba.com
9. National American Miss Teen 2017, Hermona Girmay Hermona Girmay had the perfect conservative Teen dress for National American Miss. This yellow ballgown provides Girmay with a fresh and youthful look, perfect for the Teen division. This particular hue of yellow pops against her complexion and makes her shine even brighter on stage. The v-neckline is still fairly conservative while the belt details pull in her at the waist to accentuate her shape. With really simple styling, all eyes are on Girmay as she glides across the stage. The design of this dress in combination with its vibrant color makes it the perfect choice for National American Miss.
National American Miss Teen 2017-2018, Hermona Girmay. Photo: Rod Aberegg
8. International Junior Miss Arizona Teen 2017, Gabrielle Arcilla Purple is the color of royalty, so it is no surprise that this dress makes Gabrielle Arcilla look like a queen! This rich color is so rare that it's unlikely to be found on any other contestant at the pageant. The fitted gown with the skirt overlay gives the feel of a ballgown without losing her figure underneath. The patterned belt and off-the-shoulder straps give the gown just a touch of sparkle on stage. Arcilla made a smart choice by adding minimal accessories because the simple styling really allows her to shine on stage. This young but trendy look is perfect for the stage at International Junior Miss!
International Junior Miss Arizona Teen 2017, Gabrielle Arcilla. Photo: IJM Arizona Pageant
7. Miss Delaware Teen USA 2017, Grace Lange "Winners wear white" didn't become a saying for nothing, and I can see why with Grace Lange's dress. This gown is the perfect combination of glamor and grace. It features asymmetrical beading on the bodice that melts down into a full ruffled skirt. The contrast of the gold beading against the white fabric gives a clean and fresh feel. The ballgown silhouette of the gown is very age-appropriate while the asymmetrical ruffled layered take this dress out of the "average Teen evening gown" category. This trendy gown shows the judges that Lange is dialed in with the latest trends and connected with what her peers like!
Miss Delaware Teen USA 2017, Grace Lange. Photo: Patrick Prather/The Miss Universe Organization
6. National American Miss Louisiana Jr. Teen 2017, Leanna Lanford This blush pink ballgown with an encrusted bodice was an amazing choice for this Jr. Teen contestant. The material of the skirt flows and sweeps behind her as she walks, giving the illusion that she's gliding on stage. The bodice and skirt meet at her smallest part, slightly accentuating her natural figure. The bodice is covered in crystals forming a pattern that gives more dimension to the gown and really glitters when the stage lights hit her. The understated styling and curls swept to the side keep the look polished and poised!
National American Miss Louisiana Jr. Teen 2017, Leanna Lanford. Photo: Instagram
5. Miss Nebraska's Outstanding Teen 2017, Carsyn Long Carsyn Long's gown certainly made a statement as she glided across the stage. The long train on the gown gives us some drama without overdoing it. The bright yellow offers a lovely contrast to Long's dark brown hair. As the stage lights hit her, the heavily stoned bodice lights up and brings all eyes to Long. Much like the last gown, the bodice and skirt meet at her smallest part, which slightly accentuates her natural figure. This look gives Long a classic and slightly dramatic look for the stage, which is enough to set her apart in a good way!
Miss Nebraska's Outstanding Teen 2017, Carsyn Long. Photo: Miss Nebraska's Outstanding Teen Facebook
4. Miss Teen Galaxy 2018, Misha Grimes This light blue evening looks absolutely stunning on Misha Grimes. This color really pops against Grimes' complexion and the earrings perfect complement the dress. The one-shoulder neckline keeps her looking modest and unique. The overskirt on the gown gives Grimes the ability to move and play with her dress on stage.
Miss Teen Galaxy 2018, Misha Grimes. Photo: Monsignor Photography
3. Miss Florida Teen USA 2017, Victoria DiSorbo Miss Florida Teen USA 2017, Victoria DiSorbo looks like a vision in this pink gown. The ruffled layers of the skirt make the dress look light and airy and provide natural movement while DiSorbo walked on stage. The gown features a darker pink belt made of stones that give DiSorbo a little more shape in the gown. Her big, bouncy curls and light makeup complement this look perfectly! (Read: How to Walk in Every Phase of Pageant Competition)
Miss Florida Teen USA 2017, Victoria DiSorbo. Photo: Patrick Prather / The Miss Universe Organization
2. Miss Teen United States 2017, Taylor Flake This powder blue gown is a perfect choice for a Teen contestant! This color keeps Taylor Flake looking young and fresh. The gown features stoned flower details and lace appliqués on the bodice and bottom of the gown. The tulle fabric pieces at the top and bottom of the structured bodice and the pointed top add a little more flare to the gown. The skirt is made of a flowing fabric, which allows for some additional play on stage. (Read: What to do With Your Hands When Walking In Evening Gown)
Miss Teen United States 2017, Taylor Flake. Photo: Goodwin Photography
1. Miss South Carolina's Outstanding Teen 2017, Ally McCaslin Ally McCaslin stunned everyone as she stepped out in this bright yellow evening gown. The gown was simple yet radiant on her! This was the perfect hue of yellow for McCaslin's hair color and her complexion. The shoulder ruffle and clean lines of the gown bring all the attention up to her face. The gown is perfectly fitted to her body, which gives it a slightly sexy feel while the neckline keeps the dress age-appropriate.
Miss South Carolina Teen 2017, Ally McCaslin. Photo: Ally McCaslin Instagram
These Teens knew exactly what dress would "wow" the crowd and convey their true beauty on stage. Congratulations to everyone mentioned and thank you to those of you who nominated your favorite Teen evening gowns of the year! Looking for your next pageant dress to stun the judges? Go pick out your perfect dress at our store and maybe we'll see you on the best dresses of 2018 list!
"Per4ming with a Purpose" - Per4ming heARTS Theater CompanyLearn More