Teen pageant questions are similar to those asked to the Miss girls with one exception, they will not be asked political questions. If you are competing in Miss America's Outstanding Teen you may get asked some light political questions on the local level and a little more intense political questions on the national level but you don't have to worry so much about the hardliner topics of the day.
However, every system you compete in will ask you a lot about your paperwork so be aware of what you write. If you don't want to talk about it then don't write about it. (Read:
Top 25 Pageant Questions Asked by Judges (in Every Pageant))
Kaylee Brooke McCollum, Miss Mississippi Teen USA 2019. Photo: Miss Universe Organization
Here are a few sample teen pageant questions to cut your teeth on but if you want to unlock 233 more practice questions you just need to create a contestant profile or scroll down to the end of this article to download them directly.
Teen Pageant Questions
- How would you balance high school, and your extracurricular activities if you were to win this title?
- Do you have a boyfriend? What does he think about you competing in pageants?
- What would you say to people who do not believe that pageants are a good influence on women?
- Why should you be the next (insert title)?
- What makes you different from all the other girls who are competing in this pageant?
- How would you promote this pageant should you win?
- If you had to pick someone besides yourself to win this pageant who would it be? (I hate this question but it gets asked)
- Tell us about a time when you overcame defeat?
- Do you think that social media has helped or hurt our society?
- Who is your role model?
- If you could meet one celebrity who would it be?
- If you could meet anyone from history who would it be and why?
- What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?
- They will always ask you about your most interesting facts. Make sure you have a good (funny or sad) story to describe your talent or fact.
- What is your greatest accomplishment?
- What is your biggest fear?
- Do you have any unique family traditions?
- What inspired you to want to be a (fill in the blank)?
- What inspired you to create or promote your platform?
- If I was a genie in a bottle and could grant you any wish what would it be? (You better say, "That I win this crown!")
- How did you prepare for this pageant?
- Are you sexy or classy?
- What is one thing that you would change about yourself?
- What would you do to make the school more environmentally friendly?
- If you were judging this pageant, what characteristics would you look for when choosing the winner?
- Know your pageant controversy (news controversy, not gossip controversy) It's very likely that you will be asked your opinion concerning the latest scandal.
2016 Miss Teen USA Pageant. Photo: Miss Universe Organization
Teen Pageant Interview Tips
I will leave you with this…as I judge I really could care less what you say in response to my questions. If you want to win me over do so by HOW you say it. Use charisma, flirt, be witty, and don't take yourself too seriously. Being "professional" and serious is boring and will cause you to blend in with the sea of pretty faces. What other teen pageant questions were you asked in your pageant interview or what other questions would you ask? Write them in the comment box below so that together we can give Pageant Planet teens the advantage.
To gain access to over 200 more free practice interview questions click "Create a Profile". When you create a profile you unlock free items like pageant prep courses and pageant questions with a click of a button!
Interested in mastering the pageant interview? Our Pageant Interview Playbook puts you on the fast track to creating an unbeatable pageant interview response. Learn more about our playbook here.