The Festival’s Queen Program focuses on developing young women of Japanese descent to become future community leaders who will preserve and continue traditions and bring forth new ideas. We value maturity, integrity, sincerity, honesty, loyalty, commitment and diligence and are dedicated to the mentoring and development of these young women. Through outreach and hands-on presence at community events we can further the relationship with our community.
Some of the qualifications to be eligible to apply as a candidate for the Northern California Cherry Blossom Court are as follows:
– be a female of at least 19 years of age and not more than 26 years of age by the first festival weekend in April
– be of at least 50% Japanese ancestry
– be single and not have been previously married and not have any children
– have been or currently an active participant/volunteer in a community organization
– be a resident of Northern California for at least 2 or 3 years, depending on citizenship