An official preliminary to the Miss California and Miss America Scholarship Pageants.
The Miss Garden Grove Pageant began in 1958 as the Garden Grove Strawberry Festival Pageant. In 1980, the pageant became affiliated with the Miss California and Miss America Organizations, in an effort to provide more opportunities to the young women of Garden Grove.
Miss Garden Grove 1981 Delores Bedard was the first Miss Garden Grove to compete for the prestigious title of Miss California. In 2003 a teen competition was added for girls 13-17, and Kimberly Tyler was appointed the first Miss Garden Grove’s Outstanding Teen.
The Miss Garden Grove Scholarship Organization is a not-for-profit organization and exists solely on the generous donations of local businesses, individuals, and service organizations, as well as through year-long fundraising initiatives. Our entire committee consists of volunteers- no one is paid or an employee.
1. To provide unique opportunities for young women to win scholarship awards
2. To recognize women and encourage the spirit of those who have made outstanding contributions in all fields of endeavor.
3. To create and maintain a system of competition which will enhance career opportunities and produce role models representing positive, wholesome American values.
4. To utilize the Miss Garden Grove name to promote issues of concern.
5. To encourage and promote the role of women in all aspects of our society.
6. To encourage the spirit of volunteerism throughout the Miss Garden Grove network.