Savvy Shields' performance led her to win the Miss America 2017 crown. Photo: Miss America Facebook
For those of you who love to perform on a stage, seeking out a talent coach is the best idea to help you succeed in pageantry. They will be there for you from idea to the final rehearsal to guide you along the way. It helps to have a professional's expertise so you can present your best self in front of those judges. (Read: What Every Vocalist Should Do Before Walking On Stage) We here at The Pageant Planet reached out to you to find the very best of the best when it comes to a talent coach. After a count of all the submissions, we complied a list of some of the top coaches around who can help you succeed in pageantry. If you're looking for a pageant coach check out our directory of coaches by clicking here. Or if you're a pageant coach who wants to be included in our directory then you can add yourself by clicking here. (Need to find a pageant first? No biggie, here's a rundown of the Top 10 National Pageant Systems of 2016 )
5. Chris Saltalamacchio Beginning this year's list, Pageantry By Chris (PBS) began in 2012. Chris has been working with women in the Miss America Organization and was even a featured trainer on MTV's "Made." He is an all-around expert from interview to talent to wardrobe selection. He's no beginner to the stage himself, as he has over 15 years of experience in the pageant industry. (Read: Should Your Perform A Traditional or Nontraditional Talent)
Chris was a local director and volunteer with the Miss America system before becoming a coach. Photo: pageantrybychris.com
4. Amanda Beagle Next on our list is a former Miss Ohio 2004 herself who knows a thing or to about stage presentations. She sings soprano and has an extensive resume in musical theater. Her work has taken her to perform in New York City and across the country. She has over 15 years of teaching experience. She works as a personal development coach and can help out with styling to runway to developing your platform. (Want to read some of Amanda's advice? Read: How Often You Should Study Current Events.)
Miss Ohio 2014 and a musical theater performer in New York City, Amanda focuses on confidence building through education and enrichment. Photo: amandabeagle.com
3. Austin Carroll Self-proclaimed as "The Midsouth's Premier Talent Coach," Austin Carroll is based out of Tennessee and is a vocal artist. Carroll has helped women develop their talents in the Miss America systems and even works with younger girls to nurture their singing abilities and stage presence. (Want to look your best while performing your instrument? Read: 6 Miss Collegiate America 2016 Dresses for Talent Instrumentalists)
Austin Carroll (R) works with women of all ages to present their best selves. He has a musical background and knows talent. Photo: Austin Carroll Vocal Artists Facebook
2. Thomas Barnette No stranger to the pageant circuit, Thomas Barnette works to help his clients shine on stage. For the last 20 years, Barnette works out of the southeastern states, with a focus on talent, interview, paperwork and communication skills on and off the stage. He has worked with women in both the Miss America and Miss USA systems including the Miss South Carolina and Miss South Carolina Outstanding Teen. One of his most recent success stories; Betty Cantrell went on to win Miss America 2016 and Olivia McMillian who won talent and Miss America Outstanding Teen. He picked her talent, music and arranged her choreography. Barnette knows a thing or two about The Secret To A Great Performance.
Thomas Barnette worked with Betty Cantrell, Miss America 2016 and Olivia McMillian, Miss America Outstanding Teen 2015. Both women also won the talent award in their respective competitions Photo: email@example.com
1. Shea Sullivan This year's top talent coach is Shea Sullivan, who has been dominating the Miss America system! Listed as The Pageant Planet's Top 10 Pageant Choreographers of 2014, Sullivan worked with Mallory Hagan on her tap routine. Sullivan has over 18 years of experience choreographing talents in jazz, pointe, ballet and clogging. She was a former Miss Oklahoma City University before moving to New York to pursue her passions.
Choreographer and former contestant herself, Shea helps women showcase their true abilities through dancing. Photo: sheasullivan.com
This completes this year's list of the top talent coaches. Many are very accomplished in their fields and in the pageant circuit. Their clients have won big in various systems. For more help on your pageant preparations visit The Pageant Planet's Directory to find and secure a coach near you. If you want your business or profile listed on our database for thousands of contestants to easily find you, create a FREE profile on our directory, just click here and fill out your information. Thank you to all who voted! Save Save
"Per4ming with a Purpose" - Per4ming heARTS Theater CompanyLearn More