Fun fashion competitions are popping up in pageantry as both mandatory and optional competitions. This portion allows contestants to show showcase their personality, confidence and unique fashion sense. In the Preteen division, contestants have so many options available to them since they have the ability to intertwine formal outfits with youthful elements.
It can be hard to narrow down the top fun fashion outfits that were seen throughout the entire year, but these girls really stood out this year! Here are your picks for the top 10 Preteen fun fashions of 2017!
10. International Junior Miss Arizona Preteen 2017, Mckenzi Lindhag Mckenzi Lindhag's fun fashion outfit during the International Junior Miss pageant stood out from the rest because of its unique design. The pop art design on Lindhag's skirt is both eye-catching and youthful. Her dress is trendy and age-appropriate, making it perfect for the Preteen division. The colors on Lindhag's dress make her pop on stage! Red is an attention-grabbing color and yellow is a bright color that isn't seen frequently on contestants with blonde hair and fair complexions. Although the stage is white, the skirt stands out against the dark portions behind it, preventing Lindhag from fading into the background.
International Junior Miss Arizona Preteen 2017, Mckenzi Lindhag. Photo: Mckenzi Lindhag Facebook
9. USA National Miss Ohio Preteen 2017, Ashley Black The fun fashion competition at USA National Miss always showcases some of the best outfits in all age divisions. Ashley Black was just one Preteen contestant at the USA National Miss pageant who wowed the audience with her fun fashion outfit. The silhouette of Black's outfit is truly stunning! The floral overskirt adds a ton of movement on stage and makes her overall look playful. The ruffled train and blinged out belt add a nice touch of glam to this outfit. Styling is something that should never be forgotten during any portion of a pageant. Black clipped her hair away from her face, preventing it from clashing with the eye-catching overskirt and hot pink fabric. (Read: 3 Pageant Hairstyle Trends You NEED to Try and 2 Styles You Need to Avoid)
USA National Miss Ohio Preteen 2017, Ashley Black. Photo: Susie Black
8. Royal International Miss Georgia Preteen 2017, Rylee Ruegger Rylee Ruegger's fun fashion outfit at the Royal International Miss pageant features so many fun elements that make it one of the best in 2017. The textured top is a bold look, so wearing it in white made it attention-grabbing without being overbearing. The polka-dot overskirt ties this outfit together like a bow, literally. This unique print ensured that Ruegger stood out to the judges. The combination of the polka-dot print and the bow keeps this two-piece look appropriate for the Preteen division.
Rylee Ruegger, Royal International Miss Georgia Preteen 2017. Photo: Royal International Miss
7. Royal International Miss West Virginia Preteen 2017, Olivia Travis The Preteen division at Royal International Miss had many strong contestants who shined throughout the pageant, especially during the fun fashion competition. Olivia Travis' fun fashion outfit is noteworthy because of her bold color choice and unique overskirt. (Read: Top 21 Fun Fashion Outfits From Royal International Miss 2017) Turquoise was the perfect color choice for Travis! Not only is this color youthful and bright, but it complements her dark brown hair beautifully. Rather than using a solid colored fabric, Travis used crinoline to construct her overskirt. This created fun movement on stage and adds depth to the outfit.
Olivia Travis, Royal International Miss West Virginia Preteen 2017. Photo: Royal International Miss
6. International Junior Miss South Texas Preteen 2017, Brianna Hearon Brianna Hearon put the fun back in fun fashion with this look! The color combination and printed fabric keep this outfit glamorous and youthful without making it overpowering. Black and white is a classic color combination, so adding hot pink into the mix makes Hearon look like Barbie's modern little sister. This pop of color ensures that this fun fashion outfit is age-appropriate for the Preteen division since black and white is a more sophisticated combination. In addition, hot pink looks lovely against Hearon's blonde hair.
International Junior Miss South Texas Preteen 2017, Breanna Hearon. Photo: Heather Orawsky
5. Pure International Preteen 2017, Emma Moore Keeping a fun fashion outfit age-appropriate for the Preteen division can be quite the challenge, but Emma Moore did so perfectly. Although this is a two-piece outfit, almost none of her mid-drift is showing, which is ideal for a Preteen contestant. In addition, the floral panel on her top keeps this strapless neckline on the more appropriate side. Floral print has been popping up everywhere in pageantry, from evening gowns to swimsuits to fun fashion outfits. Moore's outfit features eye-catching blue roses that make her outfit both stylish and unique. To prevent this print from overpowering other aspects of her outfit, the print is limited to the underneath of her skirt, which adds a pop of fun to the overall look.
Pure International Preteen 2017, Emma Moore.
4. USA National Preteen 2017, Gabriela Norwood Gabriela Norwood's fun fashion outfit at USA National Miss wowed the judges and earned her a national title! Both the color and the silhouette make this outfit eye-catching and unique. Red is a color that truly makes a contestant pop on stage, and Norwood is no exception. It stands out well against the stage and looks lovely against Norwood's skin tone and hair color. Norwood is another Preteen contestant who was able to choose an age-appropriate fun fashion outfit. The combination of shorts with a high-neckline makes this outfit perfect for a younger contestant. The two chiffon capes off of each shoulder definitely brought a ton of moment to the USA National Miss stage.
USA National Preteen 2017, Gabriela Norwood. Photo: USA National Preteen Facebook page
3. American Royal Beauties Preteen 2017, Tarissa Suchecki Tarissa Suchecki looked pretty in pink during the 2017 American Royal Beauties pageant. Her fun fashion look is just the right combination of playful and glamorous, and you can tell how confident she feels in it by the smile on her face! It should come as no surprise that Suchecki took home the national title. (Read: How to Choose the Right Pink Pageant Dress) Yet again, we see a fun fashion that stands out among the rest because of the unique silhouette. The sweetheart neckline keeps this outfit playful and is often seen on younger contestants. The layered skirt, combined with an overskirt, brings depth, texture and movement to the stage.
American Royal Beauties Preteen 2017, Tarissa Suchecki. Photo: 2017 American Royal Beauties Preteen Tarissa Suchecki Facebook page.
2. Miss Oregon Jr. High 2017, Marin Gray It can sometimes be challenging to stand out in a fun fashion competition since every contestant is trying to achieve the same thing. However, Marin Gray did so with ease! Green is one color that isn't always seen during pageants, so Gray instantly became memorable when she stepped out in this outfit. (Read: Do Green Pageant Dresses Hurt Your Chances of Winning?) Gray combined an embellished bodice, feathered skirt and emerald overskirt for her fun fashion outfit. The various textures included in her dress added both depth and moment to the Miss Jr. High America stage.
Miss Oregon Jr. High 2017, Marin Gray. Photo: Miss Oregon Jr. High, High School & Collegiate America Pageant Facebook page.
1. Miss USA Ambassador Preteen 2017, Emma Marie Cook After seeing this fun fashion outfit, it should come as no surprise that Emma Marie Cook won the title of Miss USA Ambassador Preteen 2017 and the top spot on this list. The overskirt is a popular choice during a fun fashion competition since it creates movement on stage. However, Cook kept her outfit unique because of the chic color combination she selected. Cook chose a pastel pink and metallic gold outfit to wear during the fun fashion competition. Not only do these colors complement each other, but they look lovely against Cook's tan skin and blonde hair. By having solid, metallic gold fabric on the underside of her skirt, Cook ensured that her outfit would be glamorous and eye-catching.
Miss USA Ambassador Preteen 2017, Emma Marie Cook. Photo: Emma Marie Cook Facebook page
The Preteens really brought it during the fun fashion competitions in 2017! They all looked incredible on stage and the contestants who made it onto the top 10 list truly stood out from the rest. Did your favorite Preteen contestant make into the top 10? Let us know in the comments section!
Inspires and transforms through S.T.E.P.S. Parental Engagement Program & ThickHealth.orgLearn More