As a pageant queen, we all know the importance of having soft, beautiful, and scar free skin. Scarring is something that can affect and shape the appearance of us all, and quite frankly, can make us a bit self conscious under those radiant stage lights. From the smallest of acne scars to the dreaded stretch marks that can appear on a various array of body types, scars are seemingly inevitable and annoying. The beauty of makeup, however, allows you the opportunity to cover up these imperfections.
During the swimsuit portion of the competition, we all know that all of our beautiful skin is out for the world to see. So we will focus on the art of covering body scars. In order to do this you will need some beauty essentials.
What You Need:
- Body Lotion
- Liquid Foundation
- Liquid Foundation Brush
- Loose Powder
- Kabuki brush
- Kleenex And of course,
- Plenty of Confidence
Obtaining the Essentials:
As we all know, the cost of pageant make up can get quite pricey. For body scarring, I personally recommend, depending on the depth and severity of the scar, to utilize products such as Maybelline or L’oreal. You will still be able to effectively cover the scars and be mindful of your pocket book. When on the hunt for the proper foundation to cover scars, remember that certain parts of your body may not be the same color as your face, so when purchasing liquid foundation and loose powder, be mindful of the color you choose.
For skin health purposes, buy a kabuki brush and liquid foundation brush that is strictly designated for the body. Once you have all the essentials, my queen, you are ready to start operation: hide the scar.
1. After Showering, moisturize your body with your favorite body lotion or skin moisturizer. I recommend utilizing a body lotion with a thick consistency that allows you to really penetrate the skin, and make the surface of the skin soft and supple.
2. Once the skin is well moisturized, apply the liquid foundation directly to the scar. Take the liquid foundation brush and dab the liquid foundation of your choice onto the scar. Stroke over the scar repeatedly until the discoloration of the scar is no longer visible.
3. Wait 5 to 10 minutes before moving on to the next step to allow for the liquid foundation to completely dry.
4. Once the liquid foundation is done drying, apply the loose powder over the location with a kabuki brush. In doing so you are now blending the loose powder into the skin and eliminating any shine that may come from the use of the liquid foundation.
5. Take your Kleenex and dab the excess powder away. Just in case there is any leftover powder on your body, dab the area of your body that the application took place with a Kleenex. The last thing we need is for the makeup to smear all over your gown or swimsuit. Once you complete these steps, take a look at your work and ask yourself these questions: Do I feel better about the appearance of the scar? Does the makeup blend with my skin?
If the answer is yes, then you are done! I recommend askingfor a second opinion from your pageant coach and family, just to make sure that what you see in the mirror is what is being reciprocated to the audience. If your scars are more pigmented and noticeable, after step one, utilize a bit of concealer over the scar and then continue with the remaining steps. The additional concealer will allow the scar to be masked even better.
Scars happen to the best of us! Personally, I would be a great candidate for True Life: I am a Clutz. I have scars that I received years ago that have yet to fade. Truly utilize these steps and practice in your down time at covering the scars before competition to ensure that your beauty is not distracted by minor imperfections. Most importantly, BE CONFIDENT.
You hear that all the time, but it is true. Rock the stage and hold your head high. If you properly cover these scars, you will need not worry about the judges looking at your imperfections, but be all the more worried about how you will be carrying home all of your prizes. Have any tips that you may use to cover scars, let me know in the comment box! Stay beautiful.
Who will Hailey crown as Miss Teen USA 2019 this Sunday?!Learn More