Miss South Carolina Teen
Recently in the media reporters and pageant fans alike have been slamming Miss Philippines USA
, Miss Utah USA
and Miss Venezuela Universe
for their not so eloquent answers when in front of the microphone. But, to be fair to contestants around the world pageant judges have been known to ask some pretty stupid pageant questions…can I get an “Amen”?
Heck, I have probably been one of those judges who has asked an idiotic pageant question (though I prefer to think not).
Reasoning for Dumb Pageant Questions
Sometimes, judges will ask you silly pageant questions just to see how you will respond and to see if you can think on your feet. But, more often than not…the questions are just stupid. So if you find yourself in this situation realize that the other judges are also thinking, “what a stupid pageant question” and then do your best to answer professionally and with a straight face.
This judge will score you points with the judges panel by showing to them that you are a woman of class.
Here are the 10 dumbest pageant questions
that I've ever heard asked.
Dumbest Pageant Questions
Bonus Dumb Interview Questions
- If you were a color, what would it be and why?
- Why are you like a mango? (and that one was just a few weeks ago)
- Describe a pizza and tell how you are like each ingredient
- So you like jazz? Great…Can u sing a little bit…right now?
- If you were an animal what would you be?
- If a plane crashed between the US and Canada were do you bury the survivors?
- If you were in a ship wreck with the panel of judges and you could only save one, who would it be?
- Would you break up with your boyfriend for the crown?
- How would you describe a rainbow to a blind man?
- Which contestant do you NOT want to win the pageant?
When writing this article I asked a few girls what were the dumbest questions that they've ever heard in the interview room and here is what they came up with:
- "Let say I gave you a red crayon. what is the first thing you'd draw with it and why?" My response: Well, a big red heart! I'm a compassionate and giving person, and I wear my heart on my sleeve. I've also been asked (in onstage question at my first MAO pageant ever) "What is your favorite comfort food?" As a young woman, never been in an MAO pageant before, all I said was "Chocolate. After all, I'm a girl, right?" LOL. - Katie Scarlett
- I was once asked, if you could be a part of salad, what part of the salad would you be and why? I replied with I'd be the french dressing, cuz I love to mix and mingle with everybody. Plus I'm a little bit of zip and a little bit of zang. The judge thought it was hilarious. I have also heard of a judge having a banana on the table and after you introduce yourself they go "briiiing briiing" Pick up the banana and use it as a phone. They said "Hello? Oh sure! She's right here!" and handed it to the contestant. - Sarah Munkres
- In the UK i’ve seen so many girls asked who their “dream date” would be – i’ve heard everything from Robert Pattinson, Tyson Beckford and Taylor Lautner to Gordon Ramsay or Obama! However, the best answer by far was the girl who answered “I don’t have a dream date, I have a reality and he’s sat on the table over there cheering me on” it was sweet and the way she delivered it was spot on! I was so sad she didn’t win - Abi Hill
- LOL! These are hilarious! Last year during interview the judge asked me why I wanted to be in the pageant. I told him why and then he started going on about how wonderful the experience was and blah, blah, blah. And I’m nodding my head and smiling until he says, “Do you have anymore questions for me?” My first thought was, “I didn’t ask you anything in the first place!” Of course I didn’t say that… But I didn’t have any questions for prepared! So I smiled and said no, but it took I think I lost points because of that…Am I supposed to prepare questions for the judges? I didn’t think I would since it’s MY interview? - NAMgirl
In one of my first pageants, I was asked a lot of political opinion type questions. After a little while of giving my opinions, this one judge kind of leaned back with smirk on his face and asked, “So…do you think Jesus was a conservative or a liberal?” I simply said, “Well, since political labels are man-made, I don’t think Jesus would ever stoop that low. He wouldn’t be either.” That sure got that smirk off his face! Lol. - Tiffany