A very sultry smokey eye on this brown-eyed bombshell!
When it comes to brown eyes, I personally think that this beautiful color is the most versatile for makeup. While in the pageant world we must keep our appearance semi-tame. I am a firm believer that when you can have a little fun. It is perfectly acceptable to do so.
Below is a step-by-step guide for how to create a brown smoky eye with a pop of jewel-tone color.
Gorgeous smoky eye
How to (step by step)
1. Start with a matte beige color two to three shades lighter than your skin tone and apply over your entire brow bone, extending up to your eyebrow. This will be the foundation for colors we will later blend.
2. Take a shimmery white or champagne powder and highlight your brow bone and the inner corner of your eye.
3. Next, take a matte chocolate brown and sweep it over your lid, except for the very inner corner of your eye. You will want to blend this into your crease, but be sure not to extend past the crease. Then, take your chocolate brown and create a small triangle at the outer corner of your eye, blending it to make a slight cat eye. Take the same chocolate brown and sweep it along your lower lash line.
4. Next, take a shimmery jewel tone of your choice (amethyst, emerald, sapphire) and work it in a windshield-wiper motion just above the crease. This will create a subtle pop of color that will draw attention to your eyes when the light hits your face.
5. Use two to three coats of your favorite mascara to really boost the overall effect. For a more noticeable and defined look on stage, take a black pencil and line both top and bottom lash line for maximum impact. This is a fun way to work color into your makeup look.
Although the colors are more muted in the photo, don't be afraid to play it up and use those rich tones to really accentuate the colors of your outfit. Remember girls, sometimes in pageantry, it's okay to stand out and be uniquely beautiful. Don't be afraid to have fun with makeup--it is artwork, after all!
Her tip is: "When you work hard and your determined, anything is possible!"Learn More